Preventative Pet Care in Arlington
Schedule a Routine Wellness Exam Today
Preventative care is perhaps the single best investment you can make in your pet’s health. By making healthy choices for your pet and bringing them into our animal hospital for an annual wellness check, you can ensure their overall health and happiness year after year.
At Shirlington Animal Hospital, we are happy to offer preventative care services in Arlington for many types of animals, including dogs, cats, and small companion pets. With decades of combined experience, we can be trusted to provide effective and accurate advice regarding your pet’s health.
What to Expect during a Wellness Exam
Whether you’ve just adopted a new puppy or you’ve had your senior cat for several years, we cannot stress the importance of routine health exams enough. At Shirlington Animal Hospital, we take great care to administer these tests with your pet’s comfort in mind. We are thorough yet gentle in our approach to preventative care.
During a wellness exam, we may:
- Perform a thorough physical examination
- Check your pet’s skin, eyes, ears, nose, mouth, and teeth
- Listen for an abnormal heart rate or heart murmurs
- Check your pet’s pulse
- Administer vaccines
- Ask you about your pet’s diet
- Conduct lab testing
If you have a young puppy or kitten, we recommend bringing them in for a monthly health check. The average adult dog or cat will likely only need a health check once per year. Senior dogs and cats may benefit from bi-annual or semi-annual wellness exams.
By investing in preventative care, you can:
- Catch illnesses and health problems early on, before they become serious and more difficult to treat
- Have a better understanding of your pet’s health and be better prepared to detect abnormalities
- Keep your pet looking and feeling their best day in and day out
- Save money by taking care of minor problems before they require expensive treatment
Ready to schedule a wellness exam for your pet in Arlington? Call Chippens Hill Veterinary Hospital at (703) 594-4122 today.
“Provided expert service and showed a true passion for their work.”- Corey Whitener
“The vets have always been very friendly”- Grace Healey
“Each and every staff member is friendly, professional, and caring.”- Roberta Massiah